Thursday, May 10, 2007

The State of the Rockies #5...SSDD, Brother

Hi Friends,

Indeed, we are in the middle of the Same Shit Different Day period for our beloved Rox. Since the last writing, they handled the Reds with ease and had a shot at taking two straight series on the road, but snatched away defeat from the jaws of victory again.

I mentioned in the first SOR of the year that, as much as I didn't dislike Hurdle as the rest of the Rox faithful, I do think he manages like he's constantly reading a book about managing a baseball team. I also said that I thought the team should put Taylor Buchholz back in the bullpen. I did not say, however, that if the young Mr. Buchholz is tossing a 4-hit shutout, that we probably need to point down the bullpen and go for our newly appointed "7th Inning Guy", Denny Bautista.

I'm sure that it didn't surprise any of you that Bautista came out with gasoline doused baseballs and proceeded to disintegrate on the mound and blow our shot at a 2-0 lead in the series against the Cardinals. Needless to say, we go on to get pounded in game three and arrive back in Denver at 14-20, still 6 games below .500.

Last night was quite different. It would be nice to get starts like that from Cookie every night and get contributions across the board from the great athletes on this team. My favorite part was the minor scuffle at home plate between Tulo and Ginats pitcher Noah Lowery. It didn't turn into anything, but it could be worth watching. The Rox and Giants have a nice history with each other of bean balls and nasty tempers. With three games remaining in this series, we'll be keeping close tabs.

I am getting ready to go on vacation with the family for a week and will not be posting any blogs. Part of my vacation will involve catching a Colorado Springs Sky Sox game and I also intend to have a full "Down on the Farm" type report upon my return.

In the meantime, Homer JT and Homer Forty Deuce will hold down the fort.

Peace.

0 comments: